Living The Blessed Life...

Monday, January 18, 2010

Cabin Fever

Yep, I has da cabin fever for which there is no cure. *hand to forehead* Whoa is me... I'm ready for yard sales and auctions and thrifting and crafting and creating and and and!!!! I do believe I'd be one of those idiots standing out in -12 degree weather at the only yard sale within a 100 mile radius with shifty eyes and shaking hands, jonesing for THE find of the day - if only another idiot would put their stuff out on their barren lawn of crispy, brown remnants of grass.

I blame my mother for this affliction. She is an enabler and my partner in crime and we fully intend to teach Amelia tricks of the trade starting as early as April when we plan to have our own yard sale. Now, that is quite opposite from our traditional rolls in the whole thrifting endeavor and THAT could very well be why we need to have a yard sale in the first place. We have tons of stuff, and truly, are only selling it to make room for more, new-to-us stuff.

I love all things vintage, another affliction for which Mummy Dearest can take responsibility for. (Boy, she's sure going to LOVE reading this! *waves* Good morning, Mom! Did you sleep well? Good..good..Glad to hear it. hehe) For years, if anyone needed a table or hutch or even a bedroom suite, the checked with me before going shopping. Sadly enough, I usually had it "in stock." My inventory has dwindled over the last few years but I still have a lot of, um, treasures to pass on to the next collector.

David and I are going to pick up my camera tomorrow and I fully intend to sneak in a trip to Hobby Lobby to pick up some stuff for a few projects I have in mind (mostly for Amelia!). I made tarts (wickless candles) and air fresheners this weekend and am feeling wonderfully productive. lol Nope, it doesn't take much but that's part of my charm. :-p

Since the name of this blog is Amelia Gracelyn, I suppose I should stop rambling about myself (I see another blog in my future) and mention The Wonder Preemie. She, of course, is beautiful, sweet, charming, cuddly, funny, happy, at times stinky, spitty, clingy, wonderful, joyful, and any other praising adjective you can think of! I swore I'd never be the kind of parent that went on and on and on about their kids because, well, because your child really is not as wonderful as you think.....But mine really is!!! lol! I'm kidding, sorta, but even when she's screaming for no apparent reason, I think she's absolutely fantastic.

David said something this afternoon about her being a handful because she wasn't happy sitting in her bouncy with me sitting in the rocking chair RIGHT BESIDE HER. If I dared to look at the TV for more than 1.5 seconds, she'd squeal and then smile as soon as I turned back to her. She wants my complete and undivided attention but I can't really say anything about it because I was the very same way! Amelia got tired of being half an inch from me and requested, in her own special way, to be picked up. That's when David said she was a handful. I just laughed and replied, "I'd rather her be like this than for something to be wrong and her be completely unresponsive."

I've said a million times that life is just a matter of perspective. Some would find it completely unacceptable that their child needed to be close a good part of the day. Not me. I think it's an fantastic miracle that she has the ability to know who we are and the ability to communicate her needs. I've decided to FINALLY make a wrap to carry her around in here at home and when we're out. I bought the fabric when she was still in the NICU, but as is the story for the last year, I just never got around to it. I hope to get it done tomorrow evening and start using it Tuesday. Hopefully, she'll like it and we'll be on the road to productivity! ;-)

If you've followed Amelia's story from the beginning, you know I grew to adore so many of the nurses we spent months with. One of those nurses had just announced her first pregnancy a couple weeks or so before Amelia came home. Her beautiful baby was recently born and I would like to ask for you to remember them in your prayers. Also, another lady I know had a premature baby a year or so before Amelia was born, and from what I understand, her precious miracle has been having some issues. Each time I pray for Amelia, I pray for her baby, and if you can, would love if you could pray for her, too.

Honestly...I've come to know so many ladies that have experienced the birth of a micro-preemie and I try my best to pray for them each day. This can be such a hard, trying experience and it takes the prayers and support from everyone around you to pull you through. God IS good and He DOES answer prayers. I find such infinite peace in that...

Amelia still takes a shower with either David or me but she hasn't really shown much interest in what was going on. Since we're leaving tomorrow, I went ahead and took a shower so I could bathe her tonight instead of risking getting water in her ears and taking her out in the cold in the morning. (Where did I get that idea from anyway? I don't remember anyone ever telling me that. lol) Tonight, for the first time, she actually turned toward the shower stream and ran her hand in and out of the water. awww! It was so cute! I love seeing the world again through her eyes. I dare say I'll enjoy it more the second time around than I did the first...

Just a funny picture...LOL



Various Christmas Pics - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2050031&id=1378911125&l=bf5c86f7cc

January Pictures - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2049721&id=1378911125&l=aa37c8d1d0

Good night, Friends. Sweet dreams! ♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment