Living The Blessed Life...

Monday, May 10, 2010

What a wonderful weekend!


Although Amelia's birthday isn't until this coming Friday, we had her party yesterday and it seemed to be a success! I didn't get to decorate as much as I wanted or make as many things as I had planned but time seems to slip away a little more quickly now than before. :)

David and I went to set up Friday evening, and since it was going to be so late by the time he picked Amelia up at his mom's, we decided to just leave her there to spend the night. He said Nana managed to not squeal with excitement but could tell she was just a little bit excited when he called to see if she "minded" if Amelia stayed over. Bless his heart, he said his heart dropped and his eyes welled up with tears when he finally made the call after we had deliberated for an hour. Then again, I was on the other side of town, bawling my eyes out because I wouldn't get to kiss my Baby Bear goodnight. What if she cried for me and thought I just wasn't coming to her? What if she thought I had abandoned her? What if? What if? What if?

I cried off and on all night while David agreed that "it just didn't feel right" around here. He finally fell asleep around 3am and it was 4am before I managed to drift off. He was up before 8:00 and I just shortly after. We managed to wait until 8:30 before calling only to find out Amelia had fallen asleep around 10:00, woke up sometime around 1:00 to eat and slept until 7:30. Nana put the phone down to Amelia and she said "hey" to us, at which point her daddy once again got a little misty-eyed.

Nana and Amelia arrived at the church a little after 1:00 yesterday afternoon and I could finally breathe again. Aside from the couple days I was sick while Amelia was in the NICU, I've never been away from her that long. It was almost 24 hours! *gasp* Had I known ahead of time she wouldn't be coming home Friday night, the "hand off" would've been nearly impossible but was a little easier since I didn't have time to think about it. Selfishly, we both wanted her home but it was really better for her to let her settle down for the night instead of her falling asleep during the 30 minute ride home, getting here at 10:00 and then having to settle back down only to be woken up early and taken right back over to Nana's.

It was best...for Amelia. ;)

Her party was wonderful although I felt like I was going to pass out from some sort of hot flash that just wouldn't quit. Everyone else appeared to feel normal and comfortable, but I was walking around on fire. I couldn't even wear the jacket that went with my dress so folks probably thought I had forgotten to finish putting my clothes on. lol So, to you wonderful people that attended the grand event, I really didn't forget, I just didn't think you wanted to have to call 911 when I passed out.



Miss Amelia was a little clingy for Mommy at first but warmed up after her nap and when we placed her on the table with her cake. Just like her mother, everything was made better by buttercream! She dug in as daintily as she possibly could - with both hands. Even though David, my aunt and my mom tried to get her to share, she just knew this cake was just for her! She did give me a bite, though. hehe



After cake, David and his mom cleaned her off in the kitchen sink:



I changed her clothes and it was off to open gifts! Of course, she was more interested in chewing the ribbons and bows but I'm tickled pink by all the goodies she received! You should see some of the dresses and outfits - TOO CUTE! Thankfully, I won't have to buy Amelia any clothes until Fall. Now, if only I could just resist the temptation. *sigh* That's a whole 'nother discussion.

PawPaw Rusty gave Amelia her first Harley:


Isn't that adorable?! She may be a little small for it now but it won't be long before she'll be rocking in style.

Nana & Pawpaw Wayne gave Amelia her very own quilt:


Unfortunately, she won't exactly be USING it but it will be greatly treasured. I think it's perfectly wonderful.

We gave her a tricycle:



and my mom bought Amelia an adorable, pink swing and a beautiful carousel horse for her room. We already had those things so we don't have pictures of them.

Everyone else showered Amelia with fun toys and beautiful clothes. We weren't concerned with gifts; we just wanted everyone to be there for this special day. We're thrilled and extremely grateful for everything received and for those that took time out of their busy lives to celebrate with us. We know those unable to physically be there were celebrating in their hearts. We're very fortunate to be surrounded by so many wonderful, caring friends and family. ♥

Pictures from Party - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2064137&id=1378911125&l=92a65af973

It's late and we have to get up early in the morning to meet the Early Intervention lady so she can tell us how wonderful Amelia is. haha! Again, THANK YOU ALL for your prayers, gifts and support throughout the last year. Amelia is a very lucky little girl to have all of you in her life.

I'll leave you with my Facebook status for the day:

I spent last Mother's Day in a hospital bed with my hands on my stomach, praying for the tiny life growing and thriving within me despite all odds. This year, I hold that life in my arms, giving thanks for the beautiful, smart child she has become. Her smile dries my tears and her laughter heals my heart. I am FINALLY who I was meant to be all along. Happy Mother's Day!

Goodnight...

No comments:

Post a Comment