Living The Blessed Life...

Monday, March 8, 2010

Hello ello llo lo o..

Is there anybody in there?! Yes, I know...a whole month has gone by without a peep from yours truly. What on earth are we going to do with me? I know! Send me to my room for a whole day to think about what I've done. Truth be told, I think you should tack on a full night and possibly another whole day. Did I mention, I HAVE to stay in there all alone, without visitors? Just push a granola bar under the door every once in a while and I'll be fine. Thank goodness we have an attached bathroom or we might have a small problem. So, when do we start?

Angel Bear is just as wonderful as ever, but y'all knew that. ;-) Before I go any further, you must see this picture and you are required to look at it today if at anytime you find yourself becoming a grump. I PROMISE you will smile the second you lay eyes on this....




and should you find yourself with the uncontrollable urge to say, "awwwwwwwwwwwww," just take a peek here...




All together now........AAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!


Ok, let's see here...where to start.... First, I truly am sorry for dropping off the face of blogland. Not just for y'all but for all the stuff I've forgotten simply because I didn't write it down! I have vowed to myself to journal more because I feel like so much is slipping by without being permanently ingrained into my brain. I just can't have that! I'm a stickler for dates and times and it "affects me" that there are so many empty gaps of information to read back on since Amelia came home. On the other hand, there have been endless moments of snuggle time! hehe

The last month has been jam-packed with firsts! Our little Easter Bunny has 2 bottom tooth buds peeking through her gum. One is peeking a little more blatantly and is quite sharp! Bless her heart, she bit her own finger the other day but has since learned she must chew her fingers on the side of her mouth instead of right in the front.

Amelia went to church for the first time AND behaved wonderfully. Of course, I'm sure it helped that Nana kept her fully entertained but she was such a little charmer! I just can't tell you how much David and I enjoyed that entire day...

She has now been out to eat 4 times: Mexican, Italian, Chinese and seafood. Granny (my mom) committed a very serious crime as far as David is concerned. She gave Amelia a lemon while we were eating out and David was more than a little perturbed. Why?? He says it's because he has been looking forward to doing that since it was one of the "mean things" and it's a "father's right" to do those sorts of things first. Men!

Amelia has gone from mostly spitting pureed foods out to downing 3 ounces at a time. She cannot stand pureed chicken or turkey but hasn't met a vegetable or fruit she doesn't like. Organic vanilla low-fat yogurt seems to be her favorite food, though. We bought a safety feeder consisting of a mesh bag and handle for her to hold which has been wonderful for giving her actual chunks of fruit. The bag prohibits larger pieces of food from getting in her mouth yet she's still able to eat and suck on the food itself. I've mostly used it for frozen peaches since the cool soothes her gums and she likes the taste.

She's still rolling over from her back to her tummy like a pro but just. will. not. flip back over. She even rolls over to sleep on her tummy, and no matter how many times a night I go in to roll her back over on her back, she always ends up right back over on her tummy. Unfortunately, when she awakens bright and early, she's "unable" to flip back over on her back and go back to sleep. So0000, she wakes up, realizes she's on her tummy, pages us for assistance and MIGHT go back to sleep once flipped. If she's playing in her crib or on the floor, she'll push her bottom up with her feet but she hasn't gotten up on her hands and knees yet. It won't be long....

We packed up her pretty pink swing this weekend. Let's have a moment of silence for the sanity and naps this beautiful, miracle of a machine helped me retain.









Giving The Swing the respect it deserves, I'm going to sign off for the night but I'll be back tomorrow to finish up and report on Amelia's appointment.

I hope you have a wonnnnnnnnnnnnderful day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment