Living The Blessed Life...

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I'm ba-aaaack!

That has GOT to be the longest moment of silence honoring a swing in the history of, um, swing recognition ceremonies. I do believe it has been properly acknowledged and we can respectfully move on. ;-)

So, Amelia went for her 6 month (adjusted age) check-up with the Premature Infant Care Clinic (PICC) last week. I think that's what the program is called but we just call it "goin' to Amos Cottage" since that's the name of the place. She went, she charmed and she conquered. Her weight was a whopping 17 pounds, 3 ounces and there seems to be some discrepancy with her length. The nice folks at Amos Cottage measured her in at just under 27 inches but the pediatrician's office measured her at a little over 25 inches today making her somewhere between 25 and 27 inches long. Either way, that's a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng way from 12.9 inches at birth!

I had to fill out a questionaire full of questions concerning whether or not Amelia was doing certain things yet and was pleasantly surprised when I was able to check "yes" and "sometimes" to the vast majority of questions! Amelia's strongest area of development is in communication and she's right on target for her adjusted age (calculated from her due date) of 6-7 months.

Y'all, she is just wonderful and is such a beautiful gesture of God's love for His children. She is such a happy, charming little girl. She and I were standing in a store waiting for David to come back from the van when I woman came over to say "hi" to Amelia. I did well - I didn't assault her with Purell nor did I cover Amelia and run. I took deep breaths, smiled and prayed. ;-)

Really, I'm surprised by how smoothly I've transitioned from The Purell Nazi to a somewhat normal person. I still prefer complete strangers not breathe all over my child but I'm very at ease with "known" people holding and playing with her. I used to think touching their little foot was more acceptable than their hand but Amelia would rather chew on her toes than her fingers!

Ok, where was I? Oh! Amelia's new friend. Anyway, Amelia just grinned and laughed at this woman from the moment she approached us. The lady checked out, then came back say her goodbyes to Amelia. As soon as Amelia saw her walking toward us, she started kicking and laughing. She really went crazy when she spotted David coming back. lol NOBODY can make her laugh like her daddy can! He walks into the room and her little face lights up.

*sigh* I melts my heart to see and hear the two of them interact. David brought her back to bed with us when she woke up Sunday morning. She sat on his chest while he laid on his back and they played. David would lean toward her saying, "I'm gonna get you!" while tickling her belly and blowing raspberries. THEN she would do the same thing to him. lol!! It was the cutest thing I've ever seen!

My eyes are going crossed and I'm about to fall out of my chair so I guess I'd better make this entry short-ish. Amelia had 2 shots this morning and went to bed at 6:30 so I figure she'll be up rather early in the morning. I didn't mean for her to go to bed that early. We thought we were just putting her down for a nap. lol

I'll check back in tomorrow. Here are a couple links to her most recent pictures:

February - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2053034&id=1378911125&l=6c31ac9439

March -
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2056248&id=1378911125&l=5ae8d03ecd

I added a couple to her old Photobucket Album and didn't have the same problems I had before so I might go back to posting pictures there. I'm not sure if there are very many people still following Amelia's story or not, though. If not, it's just as easy to put them on Facebook.

Have a great night! "see" ya tomorrow!

♥♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment